Janet Mize, LMFT-Associate Supervised by Kirby Sandlin Schroeder LPC-S, LMFT-S
Hello! Welcome, I am so glad you are here. My fascination with the uniqueness in everyone’s story and passion for supporting couples, individuals, and families throughout the life cycle drives my work as a therapist. I am committed to quality client care and strive to create an authentic experience. Life is a journey with unique twists, turns, ups, and downs. I like to collaborate with clients to tailor therapy to their current needs. My goal is to help you navigate challenges and feel more confident and empowered to live your best life – whatever that may be!
Research has shown that one of the best predictors of a successful therapeutic experience is a strong therapeutic alliance and rapport between the therapist and client. In our therapeutic relationship, my role is to be an empathetic guide by offering support and insight. I aim to create an environment of safety, understanding, and empowerment and include all intersections of race, culture, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and expression. I work relationally and am guided by Strengths, Narrative, Collaborative, Child-Centered Play Therapy, Gottman, Positive Discipline and CBT techniques.
- Positive Discipline Parent Educator. I enjoy bringing the tenets and key concepts of Positive Discipline into my work with parents and guardians.
- Gottman Method (Level 1) informs my work with couples and provides a framework for effective communication and deeper connection.
- SYMBIS Facilitator (Save Your Marriage Before It Starts). I use this assessment to guide couples through the pre-marital counseling process. Click here to learn more!
A little About Me.
I am an Austinite (born and raised!). Outside of therapy, I enjoy being outdoors, finding new trails to explore, spending time with my husband, two energetic boys, two sweet pups, and catching up on the latest TV binge! I welcome the opportunity to meet with you and look forward to starting this journey with you.
“Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.”
― Brené Brown
Areas of Expertise:
– College Students
– Emotional Regulation/Coping Skills
– Parenting Support
– Perinatal Mental Health (pregnancy and postpartum)
– Premarital Counseling (SYMBIS Assessment)
– Relationship Concerns & Communication
$125 per 50-minute Individual Session
$135 per 50-minute Couple/Parenting/Family Session
$965 for 8 (50-minute) premarital sessions offered at a prepaid discount*
*After completion of 8 sessions of premarital counseling you will receive a Twogether in Texas Certificate of Attendance, good for up to $60 off your marriage license.