Position: Office Manager
Position Summary: The Office Manager (OM) is responsible for creating warm and efficient working spaces for contractors, employees and subtenants and a welcoming space for clients and guests. The OM will function in a leadership position that will manage the overall atmosphere and functioning of multiple office environments as well as oversee and directly manage all administrative tasks, including client relations, payroll and electronic practice management for the agency. The OM facilitates resolution of client and subtenant inquiries and concerns regarding office functions. This highly responsible position requires self-initiative, creativity, flexibility and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Qualified candidates will have experience working with other wellness/healthcare professionals in a collaborative setting, project administration and have the ability to work independently and within a team.
Status: Full Time, Salaried.
Employment Term: March 15, 2020 – to be determined.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling, psychology, human services, business administration or related field.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Practice Management systems to include scheduling and general billing functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and collaboratively.
- Good organizational, problem solving, critical thinking, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive and productive relationships to effectively collaborate.
- Demonstrated cultural competence when engaging diverse audiences.
- Ability to maintain and respect the confidential nature of health information complying with HIPAA standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, G-Suite applications, Google Calendar and with computers.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- 1 year of managerial experience in the healthcare/wellness industry.
- Experience working with Electronic Health Records.
- Ability to anticipate needs and follow through with internal team and supervisors.
- Comfortable troubleshooting technology issues.
Work Schedule: The position will be 30-40 hours per week with primary working days to be Monday-Friday. Working hours to be discussed and approved on hire by AFC Directors and changes are to be submitted in writing for approval, as needed. Working hours will include regularly scheduled time at both AFC office locations (Westlake and Northwest Hills).
Health Benefits Eligibility: Employees who regularly work at least 30 hours per week are eligible for medical insurance benefits. Employees may opt out of insurance coverage.
Health Insurance: Full time employees become eligible for benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days of employment. AFC offers 4 medical health plan options through BCBSTX to eligible employees. New employees receive a comprehensive orientation about their benefit choices.
Retirement Plan: AFC offers full time employees the opportunity to participate in a Simple IRA retirement plan and contribute up to 3% of salary per month. AFC will match the employee’s contribution up to 3% of salary per month upon 30 days of hire. Individual plans are totally employee directed and are fully portable in the event of separation from agency.
Paid Leave Benefits: Full time employees will receive 80 hours total per year of paid time off (to be approved in writing by supervisor) plus the employee’s birthday off. Paid holidays are to include Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and July 4th. Full time employees will receive 40 hours total per year of paid sick leave.
Salary Range: $25,000 – $30,000 per year (depending on qualifications and experience).
Employment Eligibility Verification: If hired, you will be required to complete the federal Employment Eligibility Verification I-9 form. You will be required to present acceptable and original documents to prove your identity and authorization to work in the United States. Documents need to be presented no later than the third day of employment.
- 3 professional work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest
How To Apply: Qualified, interested applicants should submit the required materials to [email protected]. All documents need to be sent as PDFs. Word documents will not be accepted.
Presently, we do not offer practicum or field placements for pre-graduate or high school students.