Workshops and Groups
Positive Discipline for Parents and Caregivers
Positive Discipline is for parents who are looking for long-term parenting skills that will encourage their children to think for themselves, become more responsible and have greater respect for themselves and for others. Tools are based in Adlerian theory, which promotes kindness and firmness to help parents get to the core of their child’s misbehavior, bringing more joy into the home and offering a sense of accomplishment.
These experiential workshop are ideal for parents and caregivers who want to:
- Learn how to teach children and not boss them
- Incorporate respect, firmness and love into discipline
- Understand the reasons and beliefs behind behaviors
- Successfully implement effective family meetings
- Create a home environment that enhances cooperation, collaboration, communication, a sense of connections, accountability and mutual respect.
Positive Discipline Workshop Cancellation Policy: Each paid registrant will receive a full refund in the event the registered for workshop is canceled due to the minimum number (6) of participants not being met. You will be notified via email prior to the start date of the workshop if the workshop is canceled. No refunds for individual registration cancellations or if a registrant does not attend the registered for workshop.
Positive Discipline Parenting Workshop (All Ages) – 1 Day
Date: Saturday, January 11, 2020
Time: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (1 hour lunch)
Location: 5000 Bee Caves Road, Building 1, Suite 100, Austin, TX 78746
Fee: $150 per individual. $300 per couple.
Facilitator: Josh Killam, LPC-Intern, Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator. Supervised by Susan Gonzales, LPC-S, LMFT-S.