Positive Discipline and Adlerian Trainings for Professionals
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way Training
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator! Research has demonstrated the importance of social and emotional learning, even above academics. Positive Discipline parenting tools teach valuable social and life skills without using any form of punishment, rewards, praise, permissiveness and even logical consequences—at least hardly ever. Attendees will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators.
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive and non-permissive).
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises for “getting into the child’s world” to understand the “belief behind behavior” in order to motivate change.
Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educator Training
This two-day interactive workshop is designed for early childhood educators, teachers, and caregivers who work with children from birth to six years of age. (Parents will also find this workshop helpful; however, the focus is on early childhood education.) Attendees will earn recognition as Certified Positive Discipline Early Childhood Educators.
Participants will learn to:
- Create a classroom or care setting where children can develop a sense of belonging and significance based on the importance of contribution and mutual respect.
- Understand how young children learn and how to adapt teaching to the needs of this age group.
- Foster essential social and emotional skills to support development and school readiness and to understand behavior and how to guide it in groups of young children.
- Teach the essential skills for developmentally appropriate participation in class meetings.
- Learn Positive Discipline and Adlerian concepts for use in the classroom, preschool community, and with parents.
Time: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Location: Austin Family Counseling at 5000 Bee Caves Road Suite 100, Austin, TX 78746
Cancellation Policy: Workshop Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a
refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending
the workshop.In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.