Become a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator! Research has demonstrated the importance of social and emotional learning, even above academics. Positive Discipline parenting tools teach valuable social and life skills without using any form of punishment, rewards, praise, permissiveness and even logical consequences—at least hardly ever.
- All individuals completing the training will be Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators and will receive a free 1-year membership to the Positive Discipline Association and membership in the Austin Parenting Network- a professional directory of certified positive discipline educators in the greater Austin area.
- LPCs, LMFTs, Social Workers, and Psychologists may earn 13 hours of CEUs.
- Training materials include the Positive Discipline book (by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.) and the Teaching Parenting manual, which includes over 75 experiential activities to use with parents and caregivers.
- Learn research-based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive and non-permissive).
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises for “getting into the child’s world” to understand the “belief behind behavior” in order to motivate change.
Dates: July 16-17, 2022
Location: 5000 Bee Cave Rd #100, Austin, TX 78746
Fee: Early bird fee is $399 per person for registration and payment made before June 25, 2022. Registration and payment made on or after June 25, 2022 is $450 per person. The deadline for registration is July 9, 2022.
Facilitated By: Lora Ferguson, LPC-S, Certified Positive Discipline Trainer and Parent Educator through the Positive Discipline Association.
To Register: Click the “Sign Up” button below.
Cancellation Policy: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before a workshop. However, paid registrants can transfer to another workshop within one year at no additional cost if request is made 30 days prior to the first day of a workshop. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the workshop.
In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.