Positive Discipline and Adlerian Trainings for Professionals
Teaching Parenting the Positive Discipline Way
Become a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator! Research has demonstrated the importance of social and emotional learning, even above academics. Positive Discipline parenting tools teach valuable social and life skills without using any form of punishment, rewards, praise, permissiveness and even logical consequences—at least hardly ever.
- All individuals completing the 2-day training will be Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educators and receive a free 1-year membership to the Positive Discipline Association.
- LPCs, LMFTs, Social Workers, and Psychologists may earn 13 hours of CEUs.
- Training materials include the Positive Discipline book (by Jane Nelsen, Ed.D.) and the Teaching Parenting manual, which includes over 75 experiential activities to use with parents and caregivers.
- Learn research based effective tools and techniques for teaching parents how to use discipline that is kind and firm at the same time (non-punitive and non-permissive).
- Learn how to use materials and activities in group settings, parenting classes and individual work with families.
- Gain practice with experiential exercises for “getting into the child’s world” to understand the “belief behind behavior” in order to motivate change.
Date: January 18-19, 2019 (Friday & Saturday)
Time: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Location: Austin Family Counseling at 5000 Bee Caves Road Suite 102, Austin, TX 78746
Fee: Early bird fee is $375 per person (non-students) for registration and payment made by December 28, 2018. Registration and payment made after December 28, 2018 is $425 per person (non-students). Current students* will receive a reduced fee of $300 per student.
Facilitated By: Lora Ferguson, LPC-S, Certified Positive Discipline Trainer and Parent Educator through the Positive Discipline Association.
Registration: For non-students, submit your information below, select the non-student option and click the Pay Now button. *For students, submit your information below and select the student option. You will receive an electronic invoice for the reduced fee of $300.
Accommodations: If you will be traveling from out of town to attend the training, here are a few recommended lodging accommodations within proximity to the Austin Family Counseling facility.